James F. Pestaner
I provide peer-to-peer goal-directed services to adults and children in Montgomery and Frederick County, Maryland, and Northern Virginia. I provide services as a Life & Health Coach, tutor, mentor, PRP Specialist, Behavioral Tech, and consultant. I favor providing peer-to-peer services as a companion rather than as an expert. My current work is Senior Care and Transition Services for young adults. However, I also offer evening and weekend care services along with homework assistance.
My technology background began at 19, teaching the BASIC programming language to children at one of Maryland’s pioneering computer camp programs. A couple of years later, I enlisted in the U.S. Army and served honorably in the U.S. Army Signal Corp at Fort Huachuca and in Berlin, Germany, Later, I worked as an engineer for various organizations and the U.S. federal government, supporting the use of technology, maintaining communication networks, and streamlining work processes. Since leaving government service, I have worked with at-risk children and adults to help improve their life.
I hold a Bachelor’s in Computer Information Systems and a Master’s in Technology Management from UMUC. My background can be alternatively viewed on Care.com and LinkedIn. My sincere passion for helping people has led me to extend my services to life and health coaching opportunities.
- 5+ years as a Life & Health Coach providing transition services to clients (Independence, diet, exercise).
- 10+ years providing direct, PRP, and ABA services to verbal, nonverbal, and self-injurious adults and children.
- 10+ years as a Classroom/Program/Project/Case Manager developing curricula, business plans, and presentations.
- 10+ years’ interpersonal/group communication experience as an adjunct professor, helpdesk co-manager, lecturer on micro business and social business practices, and client/contractor liaison
- 20+ years’ analysis experience as a software developer, business process Improvement specialist, Hospital System Manager.
- 30+ years’ IT support experience in Animal lab, legal, research, and home environments.
- Earned an MS degree in Technology Management, honorable discharge from US Military, and an Eagle Scout.